This example shows the use of shader model 1.1 - 2 methodology for fog by using the render states.
Mouse to rotate camera.
Arrow Keys to translate camera.
F1 Switch Fog On.
F2 Switch Fog Off.
Moving on from example 1 but sticking with the Model and Scene class, this example shows how to apply picking objects from the scene and also how to apply a targeting reticle to a model using the Get2DCoors method.
For this to be done I have added the RandomchaosContentPipelineManager to the project, this gives the model class the ability to use the bounding box data.
You will see in the example screen above that the target reticle is not in the center of the model, this is because the skullocc.x file has it's center at the bottom of the model. I have also noticed a bug with the targeting code, if you target a model then rotate the camera 180 degrees away, you get the target reticle behind you.
Again to ensure the download works, you will have to reference the Randomchaos3Engine.dll and the RandomchaosContentPipelineManager.dll, the later is done by right clicking the project name in the project explorer, select properties, select the Content Pipeline tab remove the current setting and replace with the path you have for the dll on your system.
If you have any comments or issues with this example, please post them here :)
As we have seen over the past few days, the future of this site seems uncertain, and so I have decided to archive my historical posts I have here; and have started to move them to a new blogspot blog which you can find here should this site go.
I am also starting to take a look at DirectX11 with C++, and have started a new blog here, so if you are interested in this area of development, then please feel free to pop by, take a look at what I am up to and comment as much as you like :)
I would also like to keep bloging about XNA as I love it so much, so I am intending to continue that here.
To all of you that have followed, commented and helped my out over my time here and with XNA, I thank you so very, very much, without you guys I would not have discovered so much, and to all the people I have met at events and user group meets, it has been a pleasure to have known such an enthusiastic and nice bunch of guys.
Did a quick clip to show the progress of my current engine as I have started to put a third party physics engine in. For years I have struggles and struggled with writing my own, with some success, but to be honest, I never could quite get it right. So I have took it on the chin and decided to go with a third party engine. I chose BulletSharp as it’s the physics engine used in ST Excalibur. In this clip I have the engine with a load of cubes, a sphere and terrain. As expected the lighting is deferred, with a single shadow casting light source.